Sarah Ray, District Band Coordinator
Entry fees will now be $10 per entry.
Auditions: November 9
2020 Clinician for Honor Band: Dr. Julia Baumanis, Associate Director of Bands, University of Central Missouri
2020 Honorable Mention Band Clinician: Shane Fuller, Liberty North High School
Here is information about the All-District Band Audition process again. DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 23
Step 1) Talk to your students encourage them to participate!
● District Band is a lot of fun!!
● You get to hang out with hundreds of other musicians.
● Younger students gain experience for future auditions.
Step 2) Register Your Students
● Registration is online at: www.wcmmea.com
● Also complete the Band Director Info form on the same page.
● Be careful. Check your entry before you submit.
● Check one more time. Now submit.
● Submissions are final.
● Registration Deadline: October 23
Step 3) Pay for your students
● Auditions are $10 per entry.
● Send a check (payable to: WCMMEA) to: c/o Sarah Ray Warrensburg Middle School 640 East Gay St. Warrensburg, MO 64093
● You must pay the audition fee even if the student does not audition.
Step 4) Come to Audition Day
● Auditions are November 9 at Warrensburg High School.
● Check in begins at 8:15 am at Warrensburg High School.
○ You will receive an audition sheet to give to each student.
○ Return any sheets for cancellations.
● A short Director’s Meeting will start at 8:30 am.
● A school chaperone MUST be present while students are present.
● Stay until results are posted so your students can pick up their folder of music.
Step 4) If you have students in the band…
● Help them prepare their music.
● Bring them to rehearsal on Friday, January 3 from 7:00 pm to 10:15 pm at UCM.
● Bring them to rehearsal on Saturday, January 4 from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm at UCM.
● Pizza will be provided for them for lunch on Saturday, January 4
● Enjoy their performance on Saturday afternoon at 3:00 p.m.
Questions? You can always email.
The WCMMEA District Band Invoice is here:
Directors - Register Here: